The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Common Sense – Gesellschaft für Marketing und Kommunikation mbH and whilst we endeavor to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Common Sense – Gesellschaft für Marketing und Kommunikation mbH. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the Common Sense – Gesellschaft für Marketing und Kommunikation mbH takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Acknowledgements and technical specifications:
This website is coded according to the XHTML 1.0 Transitional specification, also using CSS. No support is provided for browser versions below Mozilla Firefox 2.5 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5. If you use an IE version below 7.0, make sure to activate Java Script. Make sure your browser is XHTML standard compliant.
This Website uses Google-Analytics, a web analytics solution from Google Inc. Google Analytics uses so-called cookies. These are text files, which are saved on your computer and analyze your use of the website. For example, information about the operating system type, the browser, the Internet Protocol address, previously requested websites (referrer-URL) as well as the date and the time of your request of our website, is recorded. The information about the use of the website generated by these text files is transferred to and saved on a Google server in the USA. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our website, to compose a report about the website activity for the website operator and to provide further services concerning website and internet use. If it is legally required or if third parties process information on behalf of Google, Google will pass this information on to third parties. This use is anonymized. You can find further information directly at Google: www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
- Name and contact data of the controllers responsible for processing
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Common Sense – Gesellschaft für Marketing und Kommunikation mbH
Phone: +49 40 / 209 321 058
Fax: +49 40 / 209 321 099
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the purpose of their use
- a) When visiting the website
When accessing our website “www.common-sense.biz”, the browser used on your end device automatically sends information to our website’s server. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. The following information is collected and stored without any action on your part, until its automatic erasure:
- IP address of the accessing computer
- Date and time of the access
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Website from which access was made
- Browser used and, where applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
The aforementioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Guaranteeing the smooth connection setup of the website
- Guaranteeing the comfortable use of our website
- Evaluating system security and stability, and
- Other administrative purposes
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 (1) f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is derived from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances shall we use the data collected for the purpose of making any inferences to your person.
- Forwarding data
Your personal data will not be transferred to any third party for any purpose other than those listed below.
We shall forward your personal data to third parties only
- if you have given your explicit consent, in accordance with Art. 6 (1) a GDPR
- if under Art. 6 (1) f GDPR the transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest, which must be protected, in the non-forwarding of your data
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to forward the data under Art. 6 (1) c GDPR and
- if this is legally permissible and necessary under Art. 6 (1) b GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
- if personal data is transmitted to non-EU countries the processing of personal data takes place only by application of EU standard clauses.
The cookie contains information derived in connection with the specific end device used in each case. However, this does not mean that we gain knowledge of your identity by these means.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a certain defined period. If your visit our website again, in order to avail of our services, it is automatically recognized that you have already visited us before, and which inputs and settings you established, so that you do not have to repeat the process.
These cookies allow us to recognize automatically, when you visit our website, that you have already visited us previously. These cookies are deleted automatically after a defined period of time.
The data processed with cookies are necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 (1) f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser in such a manner that no cookies are stored on your computer, or a notification always appears before a new cookie is installed. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all of the functions of our website.
- Social media plugins
On the basis of Art. 6 (1) f GDPR, we use social media plug-ins of the social networks Twitter and LinkedIn on our Website.
No personal data will be transmitted to the providers of these plug-ins without you clicking on the button of a plug-in – irrespective of whether you place an order.
If you press the button of a plug-in personal data will be automatically transmitted to the provider of the plug-in and can be stored and used by that provider. Please note that this may be carried out overseas, i.e. in particular in the United States of America.
We do have no full knowledge of the type and scope of the data collection and their use and processing and cannot exert any influence on such processes either.
If you activate a plug-in, the plug-in provider will receive the information that you have activated this on the respective website of our Website or the corresponding subpage of the respective website from our Website. In addition, the log files, as stated in clause 2 of this privacy statement will be transmitted to the plug-in provider.
The data collection and transmission are carried out irrespective of whether you have a user account at the respective plug-in provider or not. If you have a user account at the respective plug-in provider and you are logged into this user account at the time, at which you click on the respective plug-in the data transmitted to the respective plug-in provider will be directly allocated to your user account. If you confirm the activated plug-in and e.g. link the page, the plug-in provider will also store this information in your user account and can also notify your contacts to the public. In order to prevent the allocation to your user account at the respective plug-in provider you should log-out from your user account at the respective plug-in provider before clicking the plug-in on Website.
The respective plug-in provider stores the data transmitted to it, irrespective of whether you are also logged-in to your user account at the respective plug-in provider as a rule as user profiles, which are used for the following purposes:
- Advertising suitable for the needs
- Market research
- Optimization of the websites of the plug-in provider suitable for the needs.
You are entitled to object to the formation of user profiles with the data collected about you. For this purpose, please contact the respective plug-in provider. We have no influence on the compliance with your objection and are not responsible for this either.
You can find further relevant information and regarding your rights in this respect in the privacy statements of the plug-in providers as the responsible bodies, which you can call as follows:
Twitter: Twitter, Inc. 1355 Market St., Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103 USA – https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=de
LinkedIn: LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy?trk=hb_ft_priv
- Data subject rights
You have the right:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to demand information about your personal data that we have processed. In particular, you can obtain information about the purposes of the processing, The categories of personal data concerned, the recipients or category of recipients to whom you data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure, or restriction of the processing, or to object to it, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the source of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and on the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and any other meaningful information about their details or the logic involved;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the immediate rectification or completion of inaccurate personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the erasure of personal data stored by us, unless their processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in cases where you contest the accuracy of the data, where the processing is unlawful yet you oppose the erasure of the personal data, where we no longer need the data but you still require them to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or where you have objected to the processing of the data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to demand the transfer of these data to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time, which will mean that in future we may no longer carry out the data processing that was contingent upon this consent and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In general, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual residence or place of employment, or that of our company headquarters for this purpose.
- Right of objection
Insofar as your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 (1) f GDPR, you have the right, under Art. 21 GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data, provided there are reasons relating to your particular situation or if the objection relates to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which shall be implemented by us without any reference to a particular situation.
If you wish to avail of your right to withdraw or object, an e-mail to “email@example.com” will suffice.
- Data security
During your visit to our website we use the widespread SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in combination with the currently highest encryption level that is supported by your browser. This is generally a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we revert instead to 128-bit v3 technology. You can see whether individual pages of our website are transmitted in encrypted form by means of the closed illustration of the key or lock symbol in your browser’s status bar.
Furthermore, we avail of suitable technical and organization security measures in order to protect your data against random or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorized third-party access. Our security measures are improved on an ongoing basis in accordance with technological developments.